Senior Ecologist - Central Scotland
Anonymous 30000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Primary Industry
Our client is a leading Environmental Consultancy who are now seeking to recruit a Senior Ecologist to join their Central Scotland based team.
- Degree in Ecology or related biological science subject.
- Experience in acting as the named ecologist on EPSL (development) licences for a range of bat species.
- Excellent field skills and experienced in undertaking Phase 1 habitat surveys as well as a range of protected species surveys in addition to bats.
- Experienced report writer who applies attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of ecological issues in the planning system.
- Experience of managing projects including tendering, client liaison and communication with Local Planning Authorities (LPAs) and Statutory Nature Conservation Organisations (e.g. Natural England).
- Driving licence.
Highly desirable skills:
- Protected species licences held for bats, great crested newts and dormice.
- Experience of development/ mitigation licences for great crested newts, dormice and/or badgers.
- Experience of undertaking Habitats Regulations Assessments (HRAs).
- Experience of managing other staff members.
- Proven experience of business development.
- CSCS card.
- PTS rail safety qualification.
In return, the company are offering an excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience. Included in this is the potential for flexible working hours and even part-time/working from home if absolutely necessary. They also offer a generous pension scheme and numerous other additional benefits