Senior Data Analyst
Essani International LLC
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Orland Park, IL
Experience: Candidate must have 10+ years of working experience.
Duration: 6 Months
Mode of Interview: Phone call followed by Webex
We are seeking to add a Data Analyst to staff the Enterprise Data Services team reporting to the Director of Enterprise Data Services, P&C. This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of data warehouse and analytical environments to support financial, management and statutory reporting requirements along with enhancing and facilitating corporate decision-making capabilities.
- Independently work with business customers and members of the EDS team to create solutions that support reporting, analytic and warehouse needs using the appropriate platforms and tools.
- Analyze business requirements and work with client areas to produce functional specifications for use as reference in creation of reporting and analytical solutions.
- Perform the first level of testing for a new and/or enhanced functionality and provide support for user acceptance testing.
- Analyze source data to understand relationships and determine business rules.
- Assist in designing the data warehouse and assure that data is stored and maintained in consistent formats.
- Create source to target mapping documents to transform the source data into the target warehouse and test final transformations.
- Develop and/or maintain relationships with business customers to identify and acquire additional data sources to incorporate into the warehouse.
- Train and assist users with retrieving data from the warehouse.
- Provide guidance in the creation of reporting and analytical solutions.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent certifications in technical system design.
- Sound understanding of data warehouse best practices, relational data structures and dimensional data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of current relational database and big data software and query concepts
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience supporting large scale Enterprise Data Warehouses
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems and to work independently on multiple tasks
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical associates