Please scroll down, To apply
Senior Contracts Advisor
Aberdeen City, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Lead and participate in cross-functional team for efficient establishment of specific procurement strategies.
- Prepare and issue of enquiries, manage and conduct bid evaluation, negotiations and prepare award recommendation.
- Perform demand and market analysis.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare contractual documentation in accordance with client procedures
- Apply and assure compliance with client governing Supply Chain Management processes, with specific focus on Integrity Due Diligence, Human Rights assessments, Safety and Commercial Risk
- Perform contract start-up activities, incl. kick-off meeting and contract training with internal stakeholders and external suppliers etc.
- Drive and perform contract management from award to contract close-out
- Be the commercial representative in the contract team and work proactively with key stakeholders including the Company Representative.
- Establish and follow-up KPIs for the contract
- Prepare and administrate variation orders, amendments, quality deviation, options, cancellation or termination of the contract
- Administer and ensure formal contractual correspondence is compliant with the contract obligations of both company and contractor to avoid unintended value leakage
- Ensure proactive follow-up of key internal stakeholders and establish and maintain professional relationships with suppliers
- Contribute to continuous improvements
- Assistance with claims and warranties
Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience in the creation and management of major contracts on the UKCS, with specific focus on renewables and operations and maintenance.
- For renewables, experience of handling contracts within the operational environment and understanding the Turbine Supply Agreement and Service Warranty Agreement is desired
- Experience gained within an operator environment would be beneficial
- Experienced in strategic sourcing and SCM processes
- Experienced in supporting large scale and high value activities
- Solid experience of UK legislative environment and contractual agreements
- Demonstrable ability to forge strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work in a cross cultural / international working environment
- SAP experience including Requisition to Pay models advantageous
- Excellent commercial and analytical experience within the energy industry
- Broad understanding of the energy industry, including a sound appreciation of the technical aspects that drive the commercial aspects of projects
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Relevant Bachelor or Master's degree desirable
- Extensive and relevant experience can substitute for education.
- Independent and flexible, with the ability to work within multidisciplinary teams across the organisation
- Strong commercial focus and negotiation skills
- Skilled in developing, utilising and extending network of internal and external contacts
- Identifies closely with client and adheres to our values: courageous, open, collaborative and caring
- Delivers high quality work within the required deadlines
- Ability to seek creative win-win solutions
- Ability to develop trust, respect and teamwork
- Good communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.