Senior Buyer - Pharma/Biotech
Paragon BioServices, Inc.
Harmans, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Paragon Bioservices, Inc. (PBI) is a growing Biotech Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with an internationally recognized tradition of quality and service. Paragon Bioservices provides process development and GMP manufacturing services for Phase I/II clinical trials to industry leaders as well as innovative start-ups utilizing novel technologies to produce state-of-the-art vaccines and therapies for people when they are most in need. As a PBI employee, you will actively contribute to the delivery of our services and products to our customers and their patients.
The Sr. Buyer will be responsible for the execution of assigned procurement related activities specific to the GMP MRO materials and services needed to support all internal & client projects/programs. Additionally, this position will contribute to the development and implementation of strategic Supply Chain initiatives designed to facilitate continued company growth and scalability to Phase II and commercial manufacturing operations. This position will closely interface with Finance, Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Project Management to ensure that purchased materials are compliant to internal and external regulations and available as required.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform all assigned buying functions for GMP manufacturing materials and services needed to support client requirements, manufacturing activities, and operations; with the objective to maximize material availability while maintaining a strategic inventory plan.
- Perform all assigned CAPEX equipment, non-CAPEX equipment, and MRO buying functions needed to support short and long-term company growth; with the objective to minimize cost while meeting all project timelines and deliverables.
- Negotiate price and delivery, along with terms and conditions for non-contract GMP materials and services.
- Manage orders to ensure materials meet the required delivery schedule(s) and comply with GMP requirements.
- Prepare RFPs and/or solicit quotations for materials, equipment, and services, as required.
- Analyze bids for specification compliance, pricing, and delivery commitments.
- Assist in monitoring and managing vendor and product performances.
- As assigned, support or lead strategic Supply Chain related initiatives and programs.
- Work with Planning to meet all manufacturing related inventory and Bills of Material requirements and adjustments.
- Work with Finance and Materials Control staff to reconcile any invoice and/or receiving related issues.
- Assist with the maintenance of Procurement master data within the ERP system (i.e. pricing, part numbers, supplier information, etc.).
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal customers.
Employment & Education:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Sr. Buyer: 10 years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment with some or all in a GMP regulated environment. Will consider 8 years of experience with an Associates or Bachelors degree.
- Prior experience leading projects required
- Proficiency with ERP / MRP systems required
- Practical knowledge of lean supply practices a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly MS Excel and Outlook.
Paragon Bioservices is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.