Senior Bid Manager
Skanska UK Plc
Doncaster, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive, bringing people and technology together to build, upgrade and maintain the country's buildings and infrastructure.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Bid Manager for our Cementation business to secure profitable work for Ground Engineering (Minipiles/Anchors/Soils Nails and Specialist Grouting) on the best possible terms for the Company.
• Lead and motivate the GE pre construction effect to help grow the business in line with strategy
• Assist Business Stream Directors and Managing Estimators to secure company targets.
• Identify and manage pre-construction Risks and Opportunities and ensure that they are fully communicated to the Project Delivery team at handover.
• Prepare / manage prequalification and multi discipline complex bid submissions in line with agreed procedures to optimise CSL chance of success.
• Co-ordinate with our Designer in order to deliver competitive bids including alternatives where applicable.
• Ensure the accuracy of analysis & pricing and completeness of tender submissions.
• Follow up submitted tenders with a view to converting them into orders.
• Maintain project information on Foundation
• Attend, where required, at client meetings and Set up, lead effective bid teams.
We're Looking for:
• Civil Engineering qualification (Degree, HND). Ideally ICE Professional Membership
• Experience in producing tenders, and design experience
• Good knowledge of construction techniques, ideally including piling/ ground engineering techniques and understanding of a range of ground conditions
• Computer literate - Microsoft Packages
• Good working knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation, with the ability to pass this to team members.
Our piling and foundations team provides internationally recognised geo-technical engineering solutions to the UK construction industry and beyond. We bring new ideas and technology to projects like Northern Line Extension, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station, A14 Cambridge - Huntingdon improvement scheme, M25 widening, HS1 and Manchester's Northern Hub.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too