Senior Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Developing curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
At Intellia, we are committed to solving the complex challenges of making CRISPR/Cas9-based medicines a reality for patients suffering from genetic diseases and to create novel engineered cell therapies for immuno-oncological and autoimmune diseases.
Intellia is seeking a motivated Senior Associate Scientist to join our quickly growing Analytical Development team. The primary responsibilities for this position focus on the development of analytical methods to support ex vivo and in vivo gene therapy programs. It will require oversight of the transfer and qualification of assays to external testing sites, as well as the development of internal analytical capabilities to support in-house process development. The successful candidate will design, perform, and analyze experiments for multiple preclinical and clinical programs, and will work to support process development, and support transfer and qualification activities at internal labs.
- Develop and qualify cell-based assays for cell and gene therapy products and vector using techniques like qPCR, ddPCR. MSD, ELISA
- Develop and qualify quantitative assays measuring process residual impurities
- Collaborate with Process Development group to generate and analyze process development data to develop an understanding of cellular product critical quality attributes to guide testing and process control strategies
- Analyze and present experimental data in team meetings, cross-functional meetings, and conferences. Participate in method transfer activities to vendors
- Author technical reports and protocols
- Participate in day-to-day lab operations, and routine maintenance of lab equipment
- Bachelors degree in biological sciences with 5+ year of experience or Masters degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in developing ddPCR, ELISA, MSD, or qPCR is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment is a must
- Experience in working with cell and gene therapy products and viral vectors preferred
- Understanding of assay development and qualification per FDA or ICH guidelines
- Experience in tech transfer of methods to GMP labs
- Understanding or knowledge of statistical tools such as ddPCR QuantaSoft, SoftmaxPro, JMP, PLA, etc.
What Intellia Stands For:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us - trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds...free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously...and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts...with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards...even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.