Senior Associate, Financial Reporting
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
We are currently looking to fill a Senior Associate, Financial Reporting role on the Corporate Accounting and Finance team in our Boston office. In this role, you will report to the Assistant Controller and be responsible for preparing and distributing various internal/external financial reports to executive management and the Board of Directors. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing and managing internal/external financial statement and reports monthly, quarterly and annually, while maintaining the highest level of quality, reliability and accuracy and in accordance with U.S. GAAP and management reporting standards. This includes preparing financial analysis to be presented to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Maintaining and strengthening internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assisting in researching and resolving accounting issues, including the evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Assisting with the annual budget, forecast and cash-flow process, including both reporting and analysis.
- Actively supporting the year-end external audit, including preparing supporting audit work papers.
- Completing ad hoc projects, performing complex analysis and preparing reports to summarize financial data, as requested, to support the Corporate Accounting and Finance Team.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance with four or more years of relevant experience, including hands-on corporate accounting experience and a solid understanding of U.S. GAAP. Experience with a Big Four or national accounting firm is preferred. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to present results/actions in a concise and timely manner, to multi-task and meet tight deadlines, to work independently, to organize his/her work effectively, and a willingness to manage multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail. Must be a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word). NetSuite experience is preferred but not required.
Gordon Brothers offers a very competitive total compensation package including base salary and incentive plan, health insurance, dental benefits, a generous 401k match, time off benefits, and more.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part the application process. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Gordon Brothers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.