Senior Application Developer
Arlington, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Dedicate your technical expertise to helping protect the vulnerable. Praesidium, the national leader in abuse risk management, is seeking an experienced individual to join our agile team as a Senior Application Developer. You will be primarily involved in new application product development and upgrades/maintenance to existing production systems. This role will also include troubleshooting issues in support of our level 1 and 2 support teams. The ideal candidate will have a passion to use their technical expertise to further our mission by innovating collaboratively to solve the problems we face.
- Development/Maintenance of web and mobile applications using current development technologies
- Participation in application design discussions/reviews, code reviews, and backlog grooming
- Identifying opportunities for improvement/re-factoring of new and existing application designs
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to produce the most beneficial products for the organization and our clients
- Tracking and resolving IT customer service requests/issues
- Actively participate in all activities of the agile development team
- BS in Computer Science or IT related discipline
- 5+ years of experience as an application developer on an agile team
- Knowledge of best practices to write efficient and maintainable code
- Experience with React.js
- Experience with TDD and other agile best practices
- Experience with Laravel or other popular programming frameworks and
libraries a huge plus
- Familiarity with the agile development model and version control systems (i.e. SVN or Git)
- Familiarity with AWS Amazon Linux
- Familiarity/Experience with AWS products and services a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Knowledge of UX design principles is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to operate in a fast-moving structured environment
with continual new challenges
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
With two decades of experience and more than 4,000 clients in the United States and 11 other countries, Praesidium is the national leader in abuse risk management. Praesidium is the national partner in child safety with the Y of the USA, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, AIG Insurance, and the accrediting body for the Conference of Major Superiors of Men.
We are mission driven to help organizations reduce the risk that a child, vulnerable adult, or the elderly will be abused by an employee, volunteer, or by another program participant. Praesidium offers a comprehensive array of loss control and risk management services and products, including organizational risk assessments; Praesidium Accreditation; platform, video, and online-training; educational film production; litigation support; employee and volunteer screening; and incident investigations.
Perks and Benefits
Praesidium offers competitive salary, subsidized retirement program, health care benefits, generous vacation schedule, a collegial work environment and an opportunity to make a difference.- provided by Dice