Charles E. Smith Life Communities
Rockville, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Are you an analytical problem solver with a passion for resolving complex accounting and business issues? Are you interested in working with an energetic team that continues to grow and is dedicated to providing top quality services to its customers? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to serve as a business partner to the leaders throughout our organization while allowing you to grow personally and professionally, consider a career at Charles E. Smith Life Communities.
The primary purpose of your job position is to prepare and supervise the monthly financial statements of the organization and all related facilities in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and any current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility and as may be directed by the CFO and Controller. Additional responsibilities include knowledge of financial software applications in order to streamline reporting to our department directors and efficiently disseminating information to our senior management team.
- Process accurate and timely monthly financial statements and supporting schedules for the organization and related entities, in coordination with regulatory and facility deadlines
- Coordinating complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Supervise and perform general ledger functions for the organization and related entities, including variance analysis, account reconciliations, journal entries, closing and interfacing subsystems to receivables, payables and payroll
- Gathers, compiles, organizes and documents relevant financial information
- Maintain fixed asset information in SAGE FAS software prepare and post monthly depreciation in Great Plains.
- Monitors and report on actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts and budgets
- Prepare and present the HHGW's monthly financial report with the assistance of the Controller and VP Nursing Home Operations to focus on major variances, census, overtime and key ratios. Prepare the monthly balanced scorecard report and any other dashboard reports developed
- Assist in the development of financial planning systems and procedures
- Assist in coordinating year-end closing of financial statements and preparation for audit
- Must possess strong technology abilities, including experience with Microsoft Excel and database application
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills in order to convey findings and recommendations
- Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as directed by the Senior Vice President, Finance/CFO.
BS in Accounting or Finance and 3-4 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to construct complex work sheets in Excel and working knowledge of Word. Must be able to research and analyze technical issues and financial data; possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both oral and written); handle multiple tasks and meet established deadlines; take initiative and follow through with limited supervision; adhere to policies and procedures and work independently as a contributing member of a team.
This position seeks to maximize our return on System investment in departmental software applications through system maintenance, feature implementation and end user training. The Sr. Accountant is responsible for (1) support and maintenance of general ledger, payroll and other financial applications, (2) production and interpretation (including variance analysis) of consolidated financial statements and budgets, and (3) identification, design, development and implementation of new and/or enhanced means of accumulating, reporting and analyzing financial and payroll data.
Charles E. Smith Life Communities offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including health, pension and flexible spending plans, various scholarships and tuition reimbursement. Submit resume and salary requirements to:
Charles E. Smith Life Communities, Attn: Chris Stamps; 6121 Montrose Road, Rockville, MD 20852, Fax: , Email: EOE