Scientist, Oligonucleotides Synthesis
Tarrytown, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are looking for a motivated scientist to join our oligonucleotide core to develop RNA-targeted technologies for drug discovery, such as antisense oligonucleotides and RNAi. The successful candidate will be expected to design and optimize siRNAs and antisense oligonucleotides for mRNA knockdown or splicing modulation. Ideal candidates should have solid knowledge in nucleic acid biochemistry with particular emphasis on RNA synthesis, structure, and function and have a rigorous, analytical approach to problem solving.
· Design, development and optimization of antisense oligonucleotides and siRNAs.
· Computational modeling of RNA characteristics such as folding, turnover and immunogenicity
· Develop algorithms for predicting antisense oligonucleotide and siRNA efficacy
· Experience or knowledge of methods to improve the activity and pharmacological properties of oligonucleotides
· Develop automated oligonucleotide design tools
· Evaluate new emerging technologies in relevant fields
· Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly to non-technical audiences.
- PhD degree with specialization in nucleic acids biochemistry with particular emphasis on RNA synthesis, structure, and function.
- Postdoctoral experience.
- 3+ years experience
- Experience with or knowledge of synthetic nucleic acid chemistry highly desirable
- Fluent in R, Python, or similar
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.