Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
The Scientist, Metrology provides calibration and technical support for packaging, utility systems, clinical manufacturing, and commercial manufacturing equipment and instruments. Uses technical and analytical skills to ensure optimum equipment, accuracy, operation, and reliability.
The Scientist, Metrology (2nd Shift) is critical to the end user which are our patients. The Scientist, Metrology (2nd Shift) will need to have strong attention to detail and accuracy when conducting calibrations always keeping patient safety in mind, executing with efficiency. Quality, safety and on-time delivery is a must to be successful in this role!
- Perform calibrations of laboratory, packaging, and utility system instrumentation/equipment
- Review documentation for accuracy and compliance
- Generate reports, add records, update histories, and perform database entry
- Track personal metrics activity
- Meets deadlines according to agreed timeframes and communicates adjustments as needed
- High School Diploma required with 4 years of related experience or Associate's Degree preferred with 2 years of related experience
- Pharmaceutical calibration
- Calibrating process, laboratory, packaging, and utility systems instrumentation/equipment
- Reviewing GMP documentation for accuracy and compliance
- Participating in client, regulatory, and internal audits
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours-Mon-Fri 2:30-11(overtime possible) and possible Sat shifts
Catalent's standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help develop some of the nearly 200 products we launch each year or help supply over 7,000 products for patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where our professionals work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market, for the benefit of patients globally.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit to explore career opportunities, or contact us at
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.