Scientist I/II, DNA Encoded Chemistry, Library Discovery
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated chemist with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry and familiarity with the application of DNA encoded chemistry to join our Library Discovery team.
You will join a group with two objectives: 1) Design and synthesize DNA encoded libraries and 2) Utilize these libraries to identify novel chemical matter with the potential to modulate the activity of UPS targets.
You will have demonstrated experience in synthetic organic chemistry and analytical methods. Experience with DNA encoded library synthesis, parallel reaction chemistry, split/pool methods, aqueous chemistry and linker chemistry related to the synthesis of drug conjugates are all valued skills. Familiarity with hit triage, hit to lead campaigns from other discovery platforms, and an understanding of the physicochemical properties that drive drug discovery are desired.
As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, this person will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix as well as with external collaborators.
• PhD in synthetic organic chemistry with 0-8 years industrial chemistry experience (years of relevant experience will impact level of hire).
• Expert in synthetic organic chemistry methods and analytical tools, in particular LCMS
• High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic problem-solving skills.
• Solid track record of scientific accomplishment demonstrated by publications, patents, or presentations
• Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments of the chemistry efforts to other members of the department.
• Familiarity with principles of combinatorial chemistry and DNA encoded library technology
• Interest in optimizing chemical reactions for use in DNA encoded library synthesis.
• Experience with chemistry involving biological macromolecules, i.e. antibodies and oligonucleotides, linker technologies, or the design and synthesis of chemical biology probes a plus.
• Familiarity with working with large data sets and the tools necessary to effectively organize, visualize and distill data to facilitate rapid decision making.
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
• Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
• Solutions and results-oriented focus
• Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view