SCCM Administrator (DoD Secret or TS)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Requires an active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance.
Must be 8570 Compliant: Active CompTIA Security+ CE.
- In depth knowledge on using SCCM which involve adding systems to collections, create update packages for Microsoft security bulletins/hot fixes, and create packages for 3rd party software.
- Be able to check for enterprise security compliancy using SCCM, and query the environment for specific software installed on systems.
- Capable of troubleshooting SCCM agents installed on clients to ensure that all systems are receiving updates and report to the central SCCM server.
- Maintain a continuous cycle of patching and reporting to always ensure enterprise wide compliancy.
- Research and perform analysis of complex system requirements & capabilities and provide solutions.
- Provide integrated solutions utilizing a variety of software products with a focus on Microsoft Windows environment.
- Understanding of SCOM monitoring agent and responding/tracking to alerts.
- Career level with a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Independently determine root cause for issues, and develop resolutions to be applied enterprise wide.
- Ensure that proper documentation is available to support the Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
- Ensure that proper documentation is available to support the Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
- Provide follow-up service to end-users to ensure that service provided has addressed their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- This position requires good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and technical documentation skills.
- Knowledge or experience with any or all of the applications / efforts listed below is a plus:
- Implementation and/or upgrade of IT systems within DoD environment.
- Familiar with integration of various systems within DoD IT environment
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
- Security+ Certification
- Related Mid-Level Vendor Certification (i.e. MCITP or MCSE)
- 5+ years Windows server 2008 R2 system administration
- 5+ years Windows server 2012 R2 system administration
- 5+ years Windows 7 system administration
- 5+ years Windows 10 system administration
- 5+ years Patching and updates to servers and workstations using SCCM
- 5+ years Creating, modifying, and running compliancy queries in SCCM
- Knowledge and Use of Active Directory