SCADA Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
As a key member of the software team, this role will be to take customer requirements/specifications from concept through to fruition on a maritime platform management system utilising a SCADA software solution.
The software team is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department based in New Malden. The team provides software design and development expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the product lifecycle.
•Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
•Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
•Specify, design and test solutions for SCADA control systems.
•Manage data communications with third party equipment.
•Develop SCADA control code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
•Validate software designs through analysis and test.
•Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
•Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
Skills & Experience
• Selection & Specification of COTS SCADA equipment.
• Design and integration of SCADA control systems.
• High Level Programming Language experience within SCADA environments.
• Production of technical documentation.
• SCADA/PLC interfacing and driver configuration.
• Data Archiving and Logging.
• Proven experience in SCADA control systems design and programming.
• Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
• Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
• Proactive and shows initiative.
• Team player.
• Good communication skills.
• Organised and capable of managing own tasks.
• Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
• Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products.
• British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only.
• Design and integration of PLC Control systems.
• Experience of Siemens TIA Portal & Rockwell Studio5000.
• Understanding of IEC 61131.
• VB, C#/C++ Programming.
• Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
• Siemens WinCC OA
• Database development for data archiving & logging.
• IEC 61508 Functional Safety or equivalent.
• SIL2 Software Development.
• Linux OS Configuration
• Experience of C&I Configuration management systems and change control
• Experience of Large Infrastructure SCADA development.
• Software testing and verification.
• Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector (for example Oil & Gas, Pharma or PetroChem).
• Ship's machinery and control systems.
• Experience with Requirements database use such as IBM DOORS.
• Experience with AllChange Configuration Management Software
With over 100 years of history and expertise in navigation, we have established ourself as a major global provider of navigation solutions, including radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems. We take pride in our commitment to provide 24/7support to all of our customers.
Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.