Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Sales & Marketing
SunSource Sales Interns gain valuable experiential learning through hands-on training to experience the many aspects of technical sales in the fluid power industry. This program has led to former interns continuing to work for SunSource following graduation.
As a Sales Intern you will be integrated into a team working with Account Managers, Customer Service, Service & Repair, and Operations. In addition, each intern is assigned a mentor for the 10 - 12 week training plan to offer guidance on project tasks and responsibilities.
Specific objectives are:
- Exposure to functional elements of SunSource: Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Engineering
- Exposure to basic selling skills: Inside sales, Outbound calls, Sales ride-alongs and job shadowing
- Exposure to fluid power technologies: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Automation, Fluid process, Service & Repair Your educational background, mechanical and technical skills, and self-motivation are your foundation to a rewarding career experience with SunSource.
Successful candidates in the Internship program possess:
- Concentration in Engineering, industrial distribution, business, mechatronics or fluid power related field
- Interested in pursuing a career in technical sales
- Strong ambition to pursue a career in technical or engineered sales
- Self-motivated to take responsibility for your personal development
- Mechanical interest and aptitude
- Willingness to relocate required to be considered
Upon graduation, we encourage those individuals who have successfully met the requirements of the Sales Internship, to begin their sales careers with SunSource through our extensive GROW OUR OWN Sales Training Program which leads to a path in outside sales.
SunSources history of accomplishment and continued growth means that we give the best condition to energetic, driven people to be effective in their role. We pride ourselves on a culture that provides opportunities for development and advancement of our associates. In addition, we build meaningful relations with our customers, suppliers and internal associates. We are all bound by a pledge to a common mission toward providing the highest quality products and services within our industry and achieving the companys growth objectives.
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in achieving customer service success through your professional accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
Other keywords: industrial sales, technical sales, field sales engineer, fluid power specialist, hydraulics, pneumatics, automatics, filtration, lubrication, fluid power, service and repair, mobile, mobile hydraulics, mobile OEM, electro hydraulics, hydraulic systems, electronic control systems, gear drive systems, mobile equipment, hydraulic repair, filtration systems, filtration solutions, hydraulic filters, MRO, OEM, account manager, sales manager, new business development manager, territory sales manager, regional account manager, field service engineer, sales representative, outside sales representative, industrial distribution, fluid mechanics, hydraulic technician, diesel mechanic, applications engineer, field service technician, CFPS, FPS