Sales Development Representative
Lucid Design Group
Oakland, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Acuity Brands is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) with prior sales experience to join our BuidlingOS team. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. This is a unique opportunity to experience a startup culture with an innovative SaaS cleantech growth company.
How to Be Successful in The SDR Role
You should have natural sales instincts, previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from the first contact until the deal is closed. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we'd like to meet you.
Working from Lucid's Jack London Square Oakland HQ, the SDR we're looking to bring on the team should be a self-starter, ambitious, team-oriented, committed to becoming an expert in Lucid's software, surpassing Lucid's sales goals, and driving change through the democratization of energy management. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
· Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
· Research and build new and existing accounts
· Conduct high volume prospecting of potential clients through strategic cold calling and emails
· Clearly convey the value proposition of Lucid's technology to potential clients
· Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
· Customize product pitch to address prospect pain points
· Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
· Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude and track record
· Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
· Meet and exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly goals and quota
· Excellent time management skills
· Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
· Provide regular, detailed feedback to the marketing team to optimize campaigns
Required Qualifications And Skills
· Minimum of a BA or BS undergraduate degree required
· At least one year in software sales or business development
· Hands-on experience using multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
· Track record of achieving sales quotas
· Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
· Familiarity with SaaS
· Understanding of sales performance metrics, tracking, and measurement
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to deliver engaging presentations and phone etiquette
· Strong interest in behavioral and operational energy savings
· Knowledge of Healthcare, Technology, Real Estate and/or Higher Education markets to be able to sell into these potential markets
Other Valued Qualities And Skills
· A diligent self-starter that works well with little supervision
· A passion for technology and sustainability
· A great, committed team player and someone who is fun to work with
· Driven to succeed and interested in working with a winning team
Compensation and Perks
· Competitive compensation package includes base salary, commissions and private company equity.
· Excellent family health, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan for full-time employees
· Healthy, productive, world-class work environment
· Easily accessible by BART, Ferry, and Amtrak
· Beautiful, State of the Art Jack London Square Office overlooking the Bay
· Company retreats and parties with your colleagues
Who are we?
BuildingOS is a building energy management solution that provides the most accurate, complete picture of building performance. Our actionable data and analytics platform and expert team help building, energy, and sustainability professionals achieve more ambitious energy goals, reduce costs, and maximize the performance of their buildings. Our mission is to make the built environment more sustainable. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. We're a group of hardworking, passionate, and fun individuals.
Our core values are:
1. We are changemakers
2. Come as you are
3. We win when our customers win
4. Learn, Grow, Repeat
5. Care deeply, speak truthfully
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!