Royals Insider \u Sports Radio
Entercom - Sports
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
ROYALS INSIDER - 610 Sports Radio (full time)
610 Sports Radio has a rare opening for our Royals Insider. This position is a prominent and valuable position to the radio station. The Royals Insider will produce and host the pregame and postgame shows for 610 Sports Radio, the flagship station of the Kansas City Royals. The candidate must be engaging with fans, pleasant to work with, and extremely knowledgeable about the Kansas City Royals and Major League Baseball.
Social media skills, daily contributions to the website and regular interaction with show hosts will all be important parts of the job. In-season demands on your time are high. Spending all of Spring Training with the team is a requirement -- mid-February through most of March.
Previous owners of the position are now doing MLB play-by-play and hosting a daily talk show. So the shoes are big. If you can fill them, we'd love to hear from you.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Creative thinking
- Extensive Knowledge of Major League Baseball
- Demonstrated ability on social platforms including Facebook and Twitter
- Successful track record of relationship building and working with team members in a variety of positions
- Writing & communication skills required
- Travel is required and contingent upon the Royals schedule
*** In addition to your application you MUST include the following to be considered for this position:
• Resume & References
• Audio and/or video demonstrating personality and/or links to your work