Resilience Program Manager - San Juan, P.R.
San Juan, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Resilience Program Manager will lead and manage a Non Profit resilience portfolio in Puerto Rico, in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
The resilience portfolio includes community engagement initiatives, preparedness, disaster risk reduction, and mitigation activities, as well as our distribution or cash transfer programming. Our resilience programming focuses on building social cohesion and enhancing Puerto Rico's ability to bounce back following shocks, like natural disasters, by enhancing coordination and strengthening systems. The Manager will be responsible for program implementation, budget oversight and management, and staff development and management.
As a representative of the organization the position holder is required to ensure the safety and security of children and families that he/she comes in contact with and represent the agency values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. This position is based in Puerto Rico and reports to the Deputy Team Lead (DTL), Programs (/Programs Director).
The Resilience Manager will support the Non Profit domestic emergency response and recovery program in Puerto Rico. This position will manage on-the-ground coordination with key stakeholders, program development, implementation and oversight for activities related to the program goal of ensuring children, their families, communities and caregivers recover and are resilient and prepared for future shocks.
- You have a minimum 3-5 years' experience in international development resilience work, or a related field.
- Experience and skills in working and advocating with government agencies, donors and other stakeholders
- Experience working with other NGOs, coordinating inter-agency activities, developing strategies and information products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of different audiences including donors, journalists, beneficiaries, and the 'general public'.
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritize an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with needed support.
- Experience of delivering training, presentations and other capacity building activities to varied audiences.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy; ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Patience, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to improvise and remain responsive and to communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.