Reservoir Engineer Specialist
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Part A: Job Specification
Conduct and review analysis for existing and new wells, integrate results to identify and advice on follow up actions to address threats and opportunities related to reservoir performance management/modelling. Support the planning and execution of various development projects for sustaining 77 MTPA or increasing to 110 MTPA, lead and coordinate the data acquisition in data wells and interpret results, and leads / coordinates / supports the Asset Development Teams.
- Reports to Section Head. Internal o Regular contact with Subsurface Departments.
- Regular contact with Onshore and Offshore asset (North and South Operations), Major Projects, Drilling and Completions, NFPS and NFE Project Organizations, HSE&Q, Human Capital, Finance, Shared Services and Legal.
- Leads the efforts in the preparation of reservoir tests, production logging and reservoir/surface sampling requirements. Devises well testing programs including gauge specifications, flowing period and shut-in time.
- Assesses the reliability of various reservoir description data sources and the uncertainty associated with data. Identifies critical reservoir characterization parameters that impact reservoir performance and applies this information for optimisation of the development plan. Integrates all available data for reservoir characterization of the Qatargas blocks.
- Advises on field development issues and strategies, Develops recommendations for optimisation and provides innovative solutions/options to issues and problems. Highlights uncertainty in data and analysis driving development decisions and potential business impact of various possible outcomes. Ensures implementation of the Best Practices in reservoir surveillance and reservoir management.
University degree in Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline,
10 years of hand-on experience in reservoir engineering,
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.