Research Associate - Oncology - New Target Discovery
Tarrytown, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join the Oncology group. The new RA will be part of a team that discovers and validates new Oncology targets using cutting-edge technologies such as CRISPR (e.g., screens to reveal mechanisms of resistance to immunotherapies). This person will also be involved in the screening/development of fully-human antibodies (generated with our proprietary VelocImmune technology) against newly discovered targets.
The ideal candidate will be hardworking, highly organized with an attention to detail, flexible, and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment. They will also have excellent communication skills and be able to work well in a team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform experiments including in vitro cell culture and in vivo tumor experiments in mice
- Analyze data and communicate results clearly and concisely
- Organize and compile results into a finished format for presentation
- Maintain precise and up-to-date lab notebooks
This position requires a minimum of a BS or MS with at least 3 years relevant work experience. Expertise with in vivo murine tumor models, mammalian cell culture, cell-based and molecular biology assays is highly desirable, detailed below:
Experience with mouse tumor models (e.g., subcutaneous implantation, drug dosing, measuring tumors and tumor harvest)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with basic molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g., preparation of cell/tissue lysates for DNA/RNA protein analysis, western blots, transfection, PCR, cloning)
- Experience designing FACS panels and performing multi-color FACS analysis preferred but not required
- Experience with CRISPR screens preferred but not required
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong ability to learn new techniques
- Ability to work well in a team
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.