Research Associate- Oligonucleotide Core
Tarrytown, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our oligonucleotide core to develop RNA-targeted technologies for drug discovery such as antisense oligonucleotides and RNAi. Successful candidate will be expected to screen, characterize, and optimize oligonucleotides for RNA therapeutic targets in collaboration with other researchers across Regeneron. The successful candidate will perform biochemical and cell culture experiments to assess the function of the synthetic oligonucleotides. Ideal candidates should have solid knowledge in cell-based assay development and optimization.
- Experience with mammalian cell transfections and cell culture (both primary cells and established cell lines)
- Some experience with cell-based assays and molecular biology such as PCR or basic cloning preferred.
- Keep up-to-date and well-organized records of order requests, syntheses, and product quality
- Communicate and report study findings at meetings
- Work cooperatively with an advisory team to optimize screening strategies, and develop functional assays
- Contribute to group goals and objectives with new ideas and creative approaches
- Critically analyze data; use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; make suggestions leading to potential improvements; design new experiments.
Bachelor or Masters degree is a minimum, with 2-5 years research lab experience.
Candidate should be proficient cell culture and cell based screening assays.
Candidate should be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regenerons unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.