Research Associate - neurodegenerative diseases
Tarrytown, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are looking to recruit a talented and motivated Research Associate to join our highly dynamic neuroscience team. The successful candidate would work on the understanding of neurodegenerative diseases and the discovery of novel therapeutic targets and neuroprotection strategies. In addition to our commitment to multidisciplinary, cutting-edge research, we are committed to mentoring, supporting, and encouraging our team members to grow scientifically, take initiatives, bring new ideas, and play a leading role in our research, which is an important part of our culture and the secret to our success. Candidates who aspire to become part of an innovative and scientifically inspiring environment, with unlimited resources and state-of-the-art facilities and technologies, who enjoy collaborating within and outside of a team, have a passion for scientific discovery, face challenges with a positive attitude, can multitask and work independently, and are dedicated to high quality research, are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will be able to fulfill the following key responsibilities and will meet the following requirements:
1) Characterize the aggregation properties of proteins associated with neurodegeneration using biochemistry and immunocytochemistry.
2) Examine the role of protein misfolding and aggregation in neuronal function in vitro and in vivo.
3) Investigate mechanisms of cell-to-cell propagation of protein aggregation using cell-based systems.
4) Perform immunohistochemical, biochemical and behavioral analyses of mouse models of neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, frontotemporal dementia and multiple sclerosis.
5) Generate DNA constructs and develop assays for examination of the relationship between protein homeostasis mechanisms and protein aggregation and clearance.
6) Keep abreast of current/relevant literature in order to further develop scientific expertise, new assays and expand scientific/technical knowledge and skill sets.
7) Participate in group and departmental meetings and give presentations.
8) Document experiments, results and findings in laboratory notebook.
9) Contribute to writing of protocols, method development reports, and articles for publication.
This position requires a minimum of a BS degree (MS preferred) and at leas 3 years of experience, preferably experience with:
- toxicity assays
- viral gene delivery
- protein aggregation assays
- Cell culture
- basic cloning
- plasmid preparation
- western blotting
- Must have working knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regenerons unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.