Research Associate II/III (Formulation Development)
Tarrytown, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Research Associates in the Formulation Development Group participate in the development of both liquid and lyophilized protein formulations to support formulation development from initial screening through commercialization.
- Design and execute studies to
- develop lyophilized and liquid protein formulations
- evaluate protein stability and elucidate protein degradation mechanisms
- support regulatory filings.
- Design and execute studies to evaluate the physicochemical properties of proteins, especially solubility and viscosity.
- Process and analyze data and assist in writing, reviewing and editing technical reports
- Develop and implement analytical methods to support formulation development
- Maintain analytical equipment and support other lab organization tasks
- Perform work independently under mentorship of a scientist in a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment
- Present study results in clear and concise manner to supervisor and group
- Ability to work independently with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Ability to maintain laboratory notebooks and records
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and support accelerated timelines
- Prior protein formulation experience in early and/or late stage product development
- Analytical Expertise with bioanalytical methods and instrumentation, such as U/HPLC-based chromatographic techniques (especially SEC, CEX, RP), electrophoretic methods (IEF, SDS-PAGE) and particle characterization methods (MFI)
- Experience with biophysical methods, such as DSC, FTIR, light scattering, UV, CD and fluorescence spectroscopy, or other biophysical characterization methods
- Prior research experiences in the areas of protein structure, stability, protein aggregation or protein solubility are highly desirable
- MS degree in above mentioned fields with 0-2 years of industry research experience
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.