Please scroll down, To apply
al-Hisah, Umm Salal, Qatar
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
TAX Free Contractual Job Opportunity for an experienced RESCUE Head has just been made available by an oil and gas industry leader to be based in Qatar.
- Provide Rescue (including rope rescue) and Emergency Response related direction, guidance and leadership to Onshore EPC CONTRACTOR(s) and SUBCONTRACTOR(s) for fieldwork across all EPC packages. Ensures that the Onshore SHES requirements (specifically those related to rescue and emergency response) are planned, implemented, verified and that, were necessary, improvement opportunities are discussed and executed.
- Perform oversight of CONTRACTOR(s) and SUBCONTRACTOR(s) and effectively provides oversight on Rescue & Emergency Response personnel to ensure compliance with all Project, company & RLC SHES requirements.
- Support the NFXP Onshore EPC CONTRACTOR(s) in the preparation for site mobilization and to provide expert Rescue & Emergency Response advice and guidance to all relevant personnel, and disciplines during all phases of the Project, to achieve the company Mission to protect its people, assets and environment.
- Manage the relevant elements of the Rescue & Emergency Response and ensures the effective and efficient implementation of risk control and mitigation measures at site in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the Contract.
To qualify, candidates must possess the following:
- SHES related NVQ, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- SHES Related Lead Auditor.
- IRATA Level 3 Rope Access Technician Certified or NFPA Rope Rescue Technician Level 3.
- Internationally recognized rescue qualification, e.g. CONSAR (Confined Space Access & Rescue including Working at Height).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years industry relevant HSE experience.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
Technical and Business Skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; confident and clear presentation development and delivery.
- Able to cope with excessive workload and work under extreme pressure, keeping the team calm and focussed.
- Be inventive to bring new ideas, methods and procedures to meet Project objectives.
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.
- Creates high quality and accurate output in a timely manner.
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Able to identify and analyse complex issues and provide recommendations.
- Establishes and sustains credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high level without supervision.
- Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.