Requirements Engineer - Rational DOORS Experience
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Summary of Role:
As a leading international defence organisation we have a unique opportunity for an individual to support and advance the Rational DOORS requirements toolset. This role will assist multiple Engineering programme teams across the UK, and be involved within the full programme lifecycle.
The successful candidate will report to the Systems Engineering Profession Lead, and be a member of the Engineering Performance Excellence Team.
They will have the opportunity to influence and shape the future direction of Requirements Management in Raytheon, interfacing with the Systems Engineers, Engineering Managers and IT to develop improvements for future programmes. There will also be plenty opportunity to develop new skills and advance within the business.
Due to Engineering being dispersed across multiple sites, and the role requiring an in-depth understanding of all areas of the business, there will be the need for travel across the UK, with potential international travel to US.
- Main point of contact for the DOORS toolset within Raytheon UK.
- Collaborate with the Programme teams in the set up and administration of DOORS tools for any programmes.
- Design, development and configuration management of standardised templates in support of document publishing from Rational DOORS database
- Develop and maintain the roadmap to utilise untapped, value-add functionality within DOORS, including planned upgrades and improved functionality.
- Engage with IBM and other 3 rd Parties to ensure Raytheon UK continuously improve their Requirements Management Toolset to the business by understanding the future releases and benchmarking across similar industry peers.
- Develop a good understanding of the other toolsets utilised across Raytheon UK in the development lifecycle and provide integration solutions between DOORS and these systems that provide value-add linkage and improved automation.
- Assist in the development and training of DOORS to the user community.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure the overall DOORS implementation and administration UK-wide is flawless.
- Highly-developed working knowledge of Rational DOORS, with experience in DXL and dataBase development for businesses and / or major programmes.
- Previous experience working as part of the Project / Programme as part of a requirements team in implementing and managing requirements within the development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to remove roadblocks and meet the needs of the programmes.
- Ability to multi-task and manage to balance the focus on short-term needs versus meeting long-term improvements.
- Good communication skills orally, and in writing. Developing strong long-lasting collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
- Attention to detail and identify issues early, preventing proliferation and escalation.
- UK National without Dual Nationality.
- Systems Engineering experience developing products and systems through all or some of the following: Requirements Capture; Analysis; Architecture; Modelling; Design & Development; Integration; Verification and Validation.
- Experience in planning, estimating and defining engineering tasks.
- Knowledge of V-Model, Iterative Development and/or Agile methods of development.
- Knowledge of MoD Operating processes and procedures in a Requirements context.
- Qualifications: Engineering Degree Preferred, but not essential.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter .
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.