Regulatory Reporting Manager
Not Provided, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Asia Pacific Regulatory Reporting is one of the functions within the Asset Management Operations department, responsible for the identification, preparation and submission of position and transaction based regulatory reports on behalf of Fidelity entities in compliance with various regulatory requirements, including substantial shareholder requirements, takeovers, short-selling, OTC derivatives and industry specific requirements. The Regulatory Reporting team analyses the shareholdings of funds within FIL, and its affiliated company in the US FMR so it can calculate the shareholdings that need to be disclosed under local jurisdictions. Disclosure filings are required to be made on a timely basis to individual companies, stock exchanges and regulators within Asian jurisdictions as required by local laws and regulations. The team also research data issues, legislative changes and process improvement requiring liaison with internal departments to mitigate against incorrect disclosure and better data feeds. Due to the job nature of this team, there is a requirement to cover public holidays throughout the year under a rotation program.
What you'll do
The Manager will have responsibility for a number of the daily Asia based operational processes in place to ensure that FIL fulfils its regulatory obligations. The Manager will ensure the Regulatory Reporting analysts complete the team's critical daily production functions, which includes the identification, preparation and submission of regulatory filings across 17 Asian jurisdictions. It is the responsibility of the Manager to ensure the regulatory reports are submitted with the highest accuracy and quality and within the regulatory deadlines. You will work closely with internal stakeholders e.g. compliance, legal and other operations teams, as well as colleagues from the US office to ensure Fidelity's regulatory reporting standard meet and exceed expectations.
The Manager will be required to attend and participate in various external industry forums to represent FIL and contribute to market developments.
What you can expect
- Ensure that disclosures completed by the team are cross checked and approved prior to submission.
- Responsible for the control and risk environment, ensuring the analysis and output meets expected quality and is operating in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work with other internal and external parties to ensure that any queries are brought to a prompt resolution.
- Work with internal departments to ensure that dependencies are clearly understood.
- Assist in ensuring the internal Governance Forums oversight process is in place.
- Support the conducting of internal and external controls audits, compliance review, and due diligence reviews of processes
- Support team lead to ensure that direct reports are conversant with all new regulatory requirements and current internal initiatives and directives.
- Work closely with Investment Legal team to ensure ongoing compliance with regulation and future regulatory changes are clearly understood.
- Work closely with Technology to ensure that systems are developed to accommodate regulatory requirements
- Ensure that projects are supported in conjunction with the Operational Support and Change teams.
- Ensure the team's MIS and performance metrics are developed to support management reporting and planning.
- Work with department peers and senior management on initiatives and projects that impact the wider Shared Services department.
Who you are
- An experienced people manager with a track record in building and developing operational teams functioning in a complex environment.
- Experience and knowledge of various streams of regulatory reporting within the Asia region
- An ability to analyse and understand complex regulatory requirements and work with key stakeholders to determine impacts to current and future processes.
- An ability to work at differing levels of detail, both big picture concepts and complex detailed issues.
- Experience of effectively leading teams through operational and technology change initiatives whilst maintaining operational service standards.
- Calm and confident when dealing with complex operational issues ensuring satisfactory resolution of issues.
- Strong Risk mindset and effective approach to risk management with a focus on developing control framework.
- An excellent communicator at all level with experience of leading and chairing senior operational forums.
- Excellent relationship builder with key stakeholders and business partners.