Regional Vice President
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
- Achieve assigned goals for market share growth, revenue, and order/shipment volumes, as well as margin percentage.
- Conduct all sales activities and processes utilizing the corporate tools and resources provided.
- Drive business development within the region and monitor and track opportunities within top accounts.
- Engage with A&D firms within the region to support specification activities.
- Engage with dealer and purchasing firms throughout the region to secure sales and measure opportunities won and lost.
- Evaluate the performance and activities of the Regional Sales Team and make adjustments as needed for the effective deployment of personnel.
- Hire, develop, and retain a professional, enthusiastic, competent, and committed sales staff, as measured by performance results, employee morale, etc.
- Interface regularly with the Vice President on the overall regional A+D and dealer strategies.
- Manage region business activities, including budget management, discounting, account planning, and relationship management of customers, dealers, and A+D firms.
- Manage within the assigned expense budget.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Provide timely, accurate regional reporting as required by Executive Sales Leadership and Sales Operations.
- Utilize Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) information to accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account and by product line.
- Work strategically with business partners within Design Within Reach (DWR) and collaborate on new and existing initiatives and plans.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. An equivalent level of experience with evidence of ongoing professional development will also be considered.
- Four or more years of sales leadership experience demonstrating a proven track record of leading sales teams and knowledge of contract channel.
- Six to eight years of successful contract selling experience.
- Knowledge of Design Within Reach products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Design Within Reach products and services from the competition.
- Advanced selling skills, including account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing). You'll also need the ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- The ability to be an assertive self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Design Within Reach in a professional manner in order to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse group of customers.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization and the ability to build long-term relationships with customers/partners.
- The ability to encourage new ideas and to generate, explore, and clarify them. You'll also need a passion for the sales process with an understanding of its foundations and a commitment to actively seek opportunities, calculate risk, and commit to action.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening. You'll also need demonstrated people management skills and the ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style. You'll also need the ability to gain a high level of confidence from subordinates and a large number of customers.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Financial literacy, business acumen, and a profit-conscious mindset.
- A willingness and ability to travel as required.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Design Within Reach office environment.