Regional QHSE Manager - Northern and Scotland Region
Accrington, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Reporting to the Head of QHSE, the post holder will provide strategic leadership within the Region offering support & guidance of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment to the operations management team.
The post holder works closely with the Regional Operations Director, Area Managers, Depot teams and other stakeholders to ensure safety awareness and responsible behaviour is promoted at all times.
The role also requires a very strong construction /crane industry and Quality background with the ability to work with Management Systems compliant with ISO 9000, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 including developing continuous improvement principles
Quality improvements are key to our daily business where workmanship, professionalism and ownership at all levels of our company are the fundamental pillars of our corporate culture. We work to improve and develop our portfolio of services to the best of our ability, in close cooperation with our customers.
* Assist and implementation of an effective quality management strategy and plans, for the region, to support, contribute to, and integrate within, the Group annual business plan and long-term strategy.
* Assist in the implementation and maintenance of systems to established standards relating to activities and products and monitoring and measurement of performance against established standards
* Assist in the communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across the business
* Ensuring that regional operations are effectively implementing and are compliant with the company management system (IMS)
* Accommodate 3rd party external surveillance visits/audits to maximise the time and effectiveness of the visit
* Investigate such accidents, incidents and non-conformances as may be required by the company, with a view to establishing the true causations and making recommendations for the prevention of recurrences
* Perform regular inspections of Ainscough properties and projects, identifying hazards and contraventions of company policy, procedures and practices, working with local management in recommending appropriate remedial action and their effective closure
* Assist in the management and development of the QHSE Advisor/Crane Assessor for your respective region
* Maintain liaison with local Ainscough Health and Safety committee representatives and other employees to promote a positive participation in Health, Safety and Environmental matters
* Liaise with the representatives of the client, other contractors and sub-contractors on the site who are responsible for health and safety matters to ensure effective communication, co-operation and co-ordination occurs between the parties
* Maintain an accurate record of accident statistics for the sites, including the Accident Frequency Rate (AFR) and to return details of these to the Head of QHSE via the end of month QHSE regional report
* Produce monthly QHSE performance reports for the region and present at regular Operational meetings.
* Ensure that the company fulfils its legal obligations with respect to the provision of first aid facilities, fire precautions, statutory tests, examinations and inspections, and the provision of protective clothing and equipment, in so far as these are required on the site
* Ensure suitable and sufficient job specific risk assessments/method statements are produced and supervisors and operatives are aware of their requirements
Key Behavioural Competences (Not Exhaustive)
* Drive and Energy - Understands what needs to be achieved with a can do attitude
* Professionalism - Openly challenges unsafe practices and behaviours and unacceptable behaviours and practices in a calm collective manner with aim of improving the working practices of offenders
* Taking Action - Thinks ahead about safety, operational and commercial problems and issues and takes action to prevent or minimise them. Considers all options to take decisive and effective action when problems or issues arise
Experience / Skills & Attributes:
* NEBOSH Certificate (Level 3)
* Internal Safety Auditor or Health/Safety, Quality & Environmental training (ISO 9001 /14001 & OHSAS 18001)
* CCNSG Train the trainer
* Accident/Incident investigation and reporting
* Cranes/Lifting operations
* Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management systems
* Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Risk Assessments and Method statements
* CDM Regulations
* LOLER Regulations
* PUWER Regulations
* A working knowledge of Refinery and Petrochemical installation's
Minimum of 5 years at Regional QHSE Level