Regional Community Manager
Fairfield, New Jersey, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Real Estate & Property
As a leader of a portfolio of luxury residential communities, the Regional Community Manager is responsible for the supervision of all operations within a portfolio of apartment communities delegated by the Vice President of Property Management. The Regional Community Manager directs such operations personally or through Community Managers with an emphasis on optimizing NOI, preserving assets of individual communities, creating and enforcing policy for efficiency in operations, developing team members, and creating a positive work environment. The Regional Community Manager works independently with minimal supervision. Frequent travel is required. In this role, you will lead property teams located in NJ and NY.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Administer Company policies related to matters such as regulation of property management and marketing, operations, safety and property maintenance standards.
Regularly visits site offices, inspects field operations and reviews periodic reports from community managers to determine progress of occupancy and maintenance projects.
Prepare directives for the Community Managers on polices approved by the Vice President of Property Management.
Review budget estimates and assist Community Managers, when necessary, in preparation of acceptable budgets for properties assigned to the portfolio.
Ensure, through review with subordinate managers, that approved budgets are implemented and consistently followed to promote efficiency and profitability.
Implement changes in policy based on recommendations from studies of capacity of present facilities, market requirements and probable future needs.
Assure the communities are maintained in accordance with the standards and procedures established by the Hands-on Mentoring and Team Development. Conducting and documenting site visits, participating in staff coaching, training and team development.
Expertise at Enhancing Property Values through income and expense management.
Collaborates with the Regional Maintenance Manager to negotiate multi-site service contracts for the communities.
Represent Woodmont Properties in/at professional
- BA or BS or CPM and 5 years multi-site experience required
- Three years' experience in direct supervision of management staff of three or more
- Three years of experience in management of Class A Communities
- Excellent knowledge of eviction law, Fair Housing and other legal issues affecting property management
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi
- Lease-up experience highly preferred
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Operational experience as a property manager of Class A apartment community preferred.
- Must possess valid drivers license and meet standards of insurability set by insurance carrier to operate personal automobile in furtherance of company business.
- Must be accessible after hours for emergencies.
Woodmont Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer