Quantity Surveyor Housing
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Our Client is a carpentry contractor supplying expert carpentry services to Ireland's largest residential developers.
They supply and install timber roofing, joisting, first fix and second fix carpentry. They specialise in carpentry works on large scale construction projects and turnkey multi-unit developments.
They have a growing team of over 60 personnel working on various residential projects around the greater Dublin area.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Manage the production of monthly financial reports on a project by project basis
* Identifying and tendering for new projects and working on own initiative
* Provide contributions to client pitches, business development, strategy and presentations as required.
* Work closely with the Commercial Manager to ensure targeted gross margins are met.
* Produce accurate monthly project costing analysis
* Monitoring of all budgets for the duration of each project.
* Preparing costs for contract variations
* Preparation and submission of monthly valuations
* Surveying, estimating etc
* Manage sub-contractor accounts and ensure billing is within project budgets
* Support the delivery of overall project working with the team to clear defects and in applying for final account release.
* Develop and maintain relationships with client representatives including regular liaison / updates, weekly or monthly reporting on key project parameters and becoming single point of contact (SPOC) for client.
* Attend regular site meetings as a company representative and communicate effectively, to keep MD up-to-date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues.
* Establish effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project.
* Ensure each stage of the process is progressing to the agreed time frame, as well as budget and to the right quality standards.
* Post-contract tasks including, but not limited to; Valuation of works, assessment of contract variations, cash flow projections, final account preparations.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* 7+ years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor
* Qualification in relevant fields.
* Track Record of experience in tendering, securing & managing residential development carpentry projects
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
* Ability to work as part of a team and also on own initiative
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
* Commercial awareness with client facing experience
* Customer focused with a drive for continuous improvement
* Computer literacy
* Demonstrates good technical, strong negotiation & conflict management skills
* Demonstrates a creative & forward-thinking approach
* Full Irish drivers licence
Apply now or call Noelle on (phone number removed)