Seattle, Washington, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Hospitality & Tourism
- Responsible to report food safety concerns immediately and stop production when required.
- Supervise QA Techs ensuring that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meet the needs of the business, including auditing quality and quantity of work performed.
- Ensure all messages and changes in process by FSQA Manager are communicated to QA Techs to ensure consistency within the department, as well as to relevant departments.
- Planning QA staffing requirements according to staffing levels and production demands, including approving of hours on a weekly basis and vacation scheduling.
- Scheduling QA tasks according to program and production demands and participate in pre-op, operational and post-op inspections.
- Actively find ways to maintain, update and ensure consistent execution of current QA programs and internal SOPs and compliance with BU and FDA requirements.
- Ensure consistent execution of QA programs within SAP system.
- Support the QC Hold program by ensuring all QC Holds are logged and communicated appropriately and inventorying product on QC Hold with a weekly report to QA Manager.
- Conduct annual and new employee training on topics including but not limited to GMP and HACCP and revise training programs as required.
- Conducting monthly GMP, internal and external audits with cross-functional team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assist cross functional team in investigating incidents and customer complaints.
- Provide functional support to recall team.
- Move freely through the plant observing people, products and processes, reinforce successes, identify opportunities, inspire followership.
- Take the lead on executing various initiatives to improve the quality and safety of our process and products.
- Create Reports including:
- Daily shift report of key quality related events for QA Management review.
- Investigation of customer complaints, including compiling of records and finding trends
- Monitor, document and report on finished product specifications to measure compliance with company standards.
- Communicate to relevant QA, Production and Executive personnel information regarding trends, data, needs, non-compliances, internal and external audits, surveys, etc. to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the food safety program via email, meetings, etc.
- BS in Food Science or related discipline highly preferred
- Two years of experience in a HACCP recognized facility in a food safety or quality assurance role.
- 1 - 2 years of supervisory experience leading teams of 5+ employees
- Experience with BRC preferred
- Familiarity with WSDA and FDA product standards
- A passion for food safety and working with a high performing team (Tough on standards, easy on people)
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Be able to prioritize multiple requests and use good judgement in meeting those requests
- Detail oriented and organized, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems. Experience with SAP preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment where English is a second language
- Experience with tough conversations, counseling employees, and resolving conflicts
- Ability to be flexible and deal with complexity. Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Ability to work on your feet for 6-8 hours per day in both cold and hot environments
- Must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 30lb
- Implement quality assurance training programs
- Oversee daily quality control reports
- Supervise activities of quality control/quality assurance associates within a manufacturing facility
- Coordinate and direct a quality program designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of product production
- Assisting with quality inspection and quality analysis of products
- Oversee the quality assurance inspection department
- Direct quality assurance program and systems
- Report to the quality control supervisor
- Adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards
- Enforcing quality control standards and procedures
- Obtained during all quality assurance activities
- Attend safety and quality training
- Train the production team and quality inspectors to meet quality requirements
- Supporting the quality assurance and food safety program
- Resolve quality problems and implement effective quality systems
- Promote a culture of quality and oversee quality assurance processes
- Oversee incoming inspection and in-process quality assurance
- Promote customer quality requirements and plant quality targets to plant personnel
- Arise from a quality assurance review
- Evaluate quality assurance issues or problems forwarded by quality assurance inspectors and recommend solutions