Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Hospitality & Tourism
POSITION Quality Supervisor
The responsibilities of the QA Supervisor will include:
- Ensuring proper procedures are in place and being followed for employee safety, food safety, and product quality.
- Working with plant management and other supervisory staff to maximize product quality and productivity.
- Providing supervision of assigned employees through scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Supporting the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality System.
- Performing paperwork review of daily production and pre-operational activities for product releases.
- Communicating to relevant personnel information essential to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
- Assisting with validating changes to Food Safety fundamentals and Food Safety plans that have an impact on the ability to deliver safe products
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Preventive Control plans for all products
- Coordinating and delivering SQF, HACCP, Quality System and Food Safety training to QA team.
- Supporting Non-Conforming (Hold) product programs, including procedure development and maintenance, conducting product reviews, assigning non-conforming product dispositions, coordinating problem solving as well as CAPA (corrective action preventive action) with manufacturing, and issuing reports.
- Maintaining quality and food safety records.
- Analyzing and resolving work, quality and food safety problems in manufacturing, or assisting team members in problem solving.
- Performing customer complaint analysis, distributing information and conducting monthly management presentations. Coordinate foreign material evaluations and corrective action programs.
• BS/BA in Food Science or related field (Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering, etc.) required
Work Experience Requirements
- 3+ year's minimum experience working in Food Safety/Quality Systems..
- Must be SQF Practitioner or receive certification within three months in position.
- Must be HACCP/PCQI certified or receive certification within three months in position.
- Must be comfortable with SPC (statistical process control) and have formal training or complete a training course within six months in position.