The Judge Group
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Hospitality & Tourism
Location: Alexandria, VA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Quality Manager in Virginia.
POSITION: QC/QA Manager
SALARY $85-95K + Bonus
LOCATION: Ashburn VA 20147
EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ Years Quality Management with food processing
RELOCATION: Relocation Assistance
The QC/QA Manager position is responsible for overseeing the company Food Safety/Quality Assurance Management at our facility. This includes ensuring compliance with and modifying, as necessary, HACCP, SSOP's, GMP's, regulations, and other company food safety/quality policies.
• Directly manages QA team
• Responsible for most plant procedures, including HACCP, SSOP's, GMP's, and others.
• Responsible for control of most plant documents and records. Must be extremely organized, in this regard.
• Primary contact for governmental personnel on issues related to food safety
• Educates and trains employees as to their impact in food safety/quality.
• Serves as the primary QA resource for problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement.
• Oversees calibration of monitoring equipment.
• Oversees testing/sampling programs.
• Must learn company traceability procedures and perform mock recalls.
• Reports to upper management on food safety/quality issues, and trends.
• Deep participation in food safety audits.
• Conducts investigations due to customer complaints and if necessary, applies Corrective and/or Preventive Actions.
• Implements Quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company's product lines.
• Supports company goals and values
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Proactive in looking for ways to improve and promote Food Safety/Quality
• Inspires and motives others to perform well
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Results Driven
Must have at least 3-5 years QC/QA Management experience in food processing.
• Deep Food Safety/Quality/Sanitation knowledge required.
• HACCP knowledge mandatory. HACCP Certified preferred
• SQF knowledge preferred
• Sanitation chemical knowledge preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel