San Antonio, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
We are seeking a Quality Engineer Lead! This position supports Quality Management with assigned operational area by providing expertise and advise on production or product problems fed back from both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determines Quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing and design processes.
- Conducts investigations, analyses information and facilitates teams dealing with issues/projects associated with resolution of quality problems.
- Promotes the use of discipline problem solving techniques to ensure root causes of issues are being identified and addressed. Participates in product design reviews and program discussions to ensure plans are avoiding/mitigating risks adequately.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of methods, procedures and equipment that ensure quality standards for parts and products.
- Provides technical support for products by leading on quality development and certification processes, cost reduction, production quality problems resolution, and warranty reduction. Bring the voice of the customer from the customer support organization to the product development group and the business.
- Utilize warranty/reliability data to establish quality targets and projects in support of overall cost of quality business objectives.
- Lead / Support Early Warning Call discussions as necessary for all product launches, identify trends or critical issues and document as appropriate
- Partner with Supplier Quality to communicate with Supply Base as required in an effort to drive improvements and adequate validation.
- Partners with Platform Leads to ensure data driven assessments of improvement projects on Platform Roadmaps
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of Engineering and Reliability or Quality Assurance experience
- Master's degree
- At least 3 years of Engineering and Reliability or Quality Assurance experience
- At least 7 years of Engineering and Reliability or Quality Assurance experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Excellent understanding of Quality Management practices, 6 Sigma, Lean, 5S or Statistical Engineering Certification a plus.
- Proficient in root cause analysis and formal problem solving techniques, including but not limited to production part approval process, advanced product quality planning, and quality profession tools such as SPC, GR&R, DOE, FMEA, Cpk, and GD&T
- Prior experience with Statistical Analysis of Warranty Data; Familiarity with Statistical packages such as Minitab, Advanced Excel etc a plus.
- Familiarity / Comfortable with Vehicle / Engine related technical concepts
- Knowledge of quality concepts including process control, analysis, and ISO9000, etc.
- Quality tools knowledge and ability to mentor others on how to properly apply quality tools and techniques
- Advanced computer application, good oral and written communications skills
Navistar is a manufacturer of commercial trucks, buses, defense vehicles and engines. Wherever ingenuity drives global markets, you'll find us taking the lead. We believe the world is propelled forward by new ideas, brave inventors and bold thinkers. That's why we're driven to deliver a better future with strong products, sound values and solutions for a changing world.
It's Uptime at International
Visit us at to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.