QA Test Engineer
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Job type: all
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Compri Consulting is seeking a Test Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity with a fast growing, highly ranked company in Brooklyn Center, MN!
- Create test plans and test cases based on testing requirements are derived from reviewing product specifications, requirements, and discussions with BSAs, developers, and customers.
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Analyze product features, and the product as a whole, to ensure it behaves as intended.
- Create testing environment and set up test data in the database as needed to reproduce issues and execute positive, negative, and edge case testing.
- Perform integration and regression testing to ensure software is not adversely affected and validate existing functionality.
- Execute SQL queries for back-end analysis and testing of data.
- Design, implement, execute, and debug both manual test cases and automated test scripts using a variety of testing techniques.
- Track product defects found during validation testing and report issue status and quality metrics to management.
- Verify resolved defects in each release and perform manual and automated regression testing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide detailed instructions for defect reproduction.
- Summarize and report on test results, status, and issues.
- Research and recommend software testing tools and services to automate and improve testing.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 2 years of experience in an IT Business Analyst or QA Analyst/Tester role
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter and a strong team player- strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of software development life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Exposure to Restful API and ERP testing preferred
- Able to balance priorities and communicate effectively in a fast-moving, Agile product development environment.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, nice to have.
- provided by Dice sql server, QA, Tester