QA Engineer I
Medline Industries, Inc.
Lithia Springs, Georgia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Engineer based at our manufacturing facility in Lithia Springs, GA. The QA Engineer will assist with routine inspections and set basic quality standards for both in-process and finished products and materials. Develop methods for testing, sampling and training. Evaluate production and recommend improvements. Qualify and conduct vendor management.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Quality staff with inspections and review of production processes.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed. Design experiments to understand sources of variation affecting products and processes.
- Design and install testing equipment and perform product testing and analysis to maintain quality levels and minimize defects and failure rates.
- Analyze reports and defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions. Use concepts of probability and statistical quality control to guide decisions.
- Collaborate with supplier representatives on quality problems, ensure that effective corrective actions are implemented and contribute to supplier quality improvement programs. Participate/lead in supplier qualifications.
- Work with quality inspection supervisors to train and oversee inspectors in their use of control forms, procedures and correcting quality problems.
- Participate as the Quality Representative in Product Development and Design Control activities.
- Participate in Risk Analysis and CAPA processes. Coordinate lab testing as required.
- Ensure compliance with applicable domestic and international regulatory requirements associated with product lines and processes.
- First article evaluation per approved test and product evaluation SOP. Coordinate or perform inspections of new products or products from new vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality or related field.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in the Quality or Engineering field.
- Experience using MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in working through details of a problem, overcoming obstacles and reaching a positive and successful solution through mathematical or systematic operations.
- Experience in processing all relevant details, understanding and prioritizing their importance and drawing clear and concise conclusions.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.