Cropredy, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Administration
Position: Purchasing/Office Manager
Purpose: Our company is looking for a combined Purchasing/Office Manager who can analyse our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations and well-organised to handle day-to-day operations. Our P/O Manager will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs.
They will also be responsible for streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation. We're looking for an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats.
The Role: The P/O Manager is responsible for all aspects of purchasing, stock control and central administrative services.
In order to achieve this the P/O Manager will be responsible for:
* Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
* Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year
* Take the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses
* Manage the company's day-to-day purchasing activities
* Assist in developing more effective invoicing and collecting processes
* Develop organisational procedures and systems, including filing, billing, accounts payable, payroll and scheduling
* Improve client retention rates through active communication and problem-solving efforts
* Continue education in management, organisation and team-building skills
* Order supplies and equipment as needed
* Establish good team atmosphere through leadership and employee engagement
The Person: Passionate about cars and preferably with experience of Classic Cars but not essential
Preferable experience coordinating purchasing within automotive.
Excellent customer liaison, leadership and people-management skills with an entrepreneurial and honest approach
Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Reports to: CEO
* Ensure parts and material supplies are managed to minimize delays.
* Assist with quoting, project management, materials/parts purchasing and quality checks.
* Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
* Regularly report progress on parts and quickly communicate delays, deviations or concerns.
* Work with IT systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries retaining confidentiality.
* Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
Skills and Experience:
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with people at various levels from workshop floor to senior management
* Entrepreneurial mindset. Someone who can look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business opportunities
* Ability to review processes and improve efficiency
* 4+ years' purchasing management experience
* Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
* Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
* Experience with basic finances, budgeting and payroll support (not processing)
* Advanced computer skills (Zoho experience a plus)
* Supply management experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Comfort with fast-paced environment