Property Community Administrator
Volunteers of America National Services
Juneau, Alaska, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Real Estate & Property
Come make a difference!
About Volunteers of America: Since 1896, Volunteers of America's ministry of service has supported and empowered America's most vulnerable populations and is one of the nation's largest human services organizations and nonprofit providers of quality, affordable housing for low and moderate-income households.
Terraces at Lawson Creek I and II is seeking a Community Administrator to join the team in Juneau, AK! This is a full time exempt position that includes a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, retirement, etc.
***PAY: $55,000 a year; with housing as an option
Objective: Responsible for the daily operations of the entire property, including supervision of staff, building maintenance, all administrative duties for both internal and external agencies, and maintaining positive relationships with the residents of the property.
*** Ideal Candidate must have HOME, Tax Credit, Workforce Housing and Property Management Experience.**
1. Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and discipline all staff.
2. Supervise the property office ensuring that all bookkeeping, marketing, and lease preparations are performed as required.
3. Market the property in accordance with Fair Housing Regulations and the management agent's guidelines.
4. Submit reports as required by the management agent or mandated by the federal, state or local government.
5. Maintain office files for all business and financial records, as well as properly crediting the accounts and properly depositing all monies received.
6. Inspect property daily to ensure building and grounds are properly maintained and take or suggest any actions needed for repair.
7. Respond to all resident requests and complaints.
8. Assist with any other task as assigned.
1. At least one-year property management experience.
2. High School diploma or its equivalent.
3. Professional certification preferred (Certified Occupancy Specialist, Housing Cred Certified Professional, UPCS and HPV inspection certified).
4. Knowledge of regulations, acts, guidelines, etc., pertaining to LIHTC, HOME and RD properties.
5. Knowledge of computer operations, to include basic data entry.
6. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good relations with residents and employees.