Project Supt, Construction (Field)
New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Project Superintendent is responsible for assisting Equinox's VP of Construction with the daily on-site (FIELD) management of complex projects to meet outlined time and cost objectives. This position is located in New York.
- Monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, requests for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other documents as determined necessary for a successful project
- Insure that the project is constructed in accordance with the contract requirements and specifications and with the required quality
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contracts with general contractors, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and obtain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
- Document potential schedule delays and keep the VP of Construction fully informed, in a timely fashion, with regard to any and all problem areas on the project
- Maintain good relationships with the architect, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities and company personnel involved with the project
- Minimum (5) years of experience as a construction field superintendent
- Must have the ability to manage projects (1) to (3) million dollars in value.
- Must have strong background with PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications including MS Project
- Must have excellent communications skills, excellent work ethics and moral integrity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Actual field presence required
- Retail experience is a preferred
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.