Project Lead II
Alameda, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That's why we're focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We're revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Project Lead II.
You will define, plan, coordinate and integrate activities associated with launches or upgrades/changes to existing products or new product launches. These activities include coordination of artwork and packaging, in house and third part manufacturing, inventory phase in and phase out, procurement and all other manufacturing/operations/supply chain activities associated with launching new products or changing existing products. Document and maintain all project related plans, schedules, meeting minutes, Management reviews, etc. Will be responsible to track and report project status and progress to ADC Management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordinate all cross functional activities associated with launching new products or changing existing products.
- Coordination activities from engineering development or existing product change requests through launch or change implementation for all configurations and markets.
- Develop and maintain launch plans such that needed commercial product volumes are available on time and that excess and obsolete inventory is minimized.
- Help to prioritize activities among several programs to balance resource availability, program status and schedule, and business need.
- Hold regular project meetings to coordinate and document all activities with functional areas including Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Operations, R&D, Commercial and Finance.
- Document meeting minutes, action lists, tracking lists and open issues.
- Work with functional team to anticipate and solve problems.
- Participate in review meetings representing project team.
- Responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Bachelor's Degree in a business or a technical discipline. Four or more years of relevant experience is required including knowledge of Program Management tools such as MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Good interpersonal and presentation skills are required in leading cross-function team and communicating project status. Furthermore, the ability to manage multiple projects and handle complexity. Some experience in product development or manufacturing in a medical device product is desirable. This position requires the ability to collect information from multiple sources, sort through, integrate, and resolve often conflicting requirements, and drive an organization through the various issues to result in a successful product launch.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your contribution is essential to success
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on