E3 Recruitment 41000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
E3R are partnered with one of the largest steel castings and forgings company who produce a range of products for mills and presses, nuclear, defence, power generation, offshore oil and gas and materials processing industries.
The Mechanical Project Engineer will join the Central Engineering team and will be responsible for delivering world class technical CAPEX projects within the Sheffield site. You will be responsible for the Project delivery and implementation of Engineering plant and equipment therefore you will be working closely with site based teams within Engineering, Operations, Finance and Health & Safety to ensure projects are fit for purpose at inception stage through to successful handover to the Operations Teams.
You will be a degree qualified engineer and have experience of working in a similar role & level within Engineering Projects having full accountability and responsibility for standards of new equipment into a busy complex manufacturing facility.
You will have developed strategies, change management, lean principles and worked in collaboration with multi-discipline teams.
You will be an excellent communicator being able to work with internal and external stakeholders. In order to succeed you will have relevant experience within a manufacturing environment including leading capex projects and engineering teams.
Manage the timescales and outputs to deliver projects to tight timescales and within specified budgets
- Produce internal project definition documents for circulation & review
- Oversee and review design, Manufacture & commissioning phases of projects
- Work Closely with the Central Engineering team to select, appoint and manage appropriate manufacturing partners
- Organise / Chair meetings on project progress; identifying, articulating and managing the major risks associated with the successful achievement of projects
- Oversee and review project costs and escalate any issues through the Engineering Project Manager
- Provide updates on project progress to key stakeholders
- Ensure documentation for the projects is fed through to Engineering and Operations
A salary of £41,000 plus package (health care/bonus) is on offer. Excellent working environment - hours of work 745am-4pm mon-fri.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of leading heavy manufacturing business