Project Engineer Plant Engineering
Forest Grove, Oregon, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The Project Engineer is responsible for organizing complex activities for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects. Mechanical or Electrical background preferred. Must be able to work in a design team and manage projects through vendors, but also must be hands-on and willing to perform PMs themselves as needed. Oregon PE stamp preferred but not required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Able to reference existing designs and work with contractors to ramp and expand our capabilities.
• Maintain compliance of the process and related hardware within the assigned production (i.e. building, equipment, piping, and instrumentation), company safety and environmental regulations.
• Ensure capability of the process in producing the quantity and quality required.
• Maximize the reliability of the process in the most economical way.
• Maintain awareness of daily operation and provide required support.
• Identify and develop process improvement items, including justification.
• Improve the reliability and extend the operating life of plant equipment/machinery.
• Implement improvements in the process by submitting to management capital and/or maintenance projects.
• Assist in the development, implementation and administration of departmental budgets, procedures and guidelines.
• Maintain equipment documentation and spare parts
• Provide engineering assistance to Maintenance and Production personnel.
• Assemble and maintain the Mechanical Integrity Documentation
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
• Estimate production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Rotating equipment experience, stationary equipment experience and inspection is a plus
• Knowledgeable in PSM Mechanical Integrity
• Knowledgeable in applicable codes such as ASME and API
• Construction to production experience a plus.
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
1. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
2. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
3. 3+ years of Mechanical and Electrical Project Engineering experience.
4. 3+ years of construction and equipment installation experience.
5. Chemical Industry experience is a plus.