Project Employee, Chinese Dig&Social Content
National Basketball Association
Secaucus, New Jersey, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Off the court, we're also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league's involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
This position is part of the NBA Emerging Media group, which focuses on identifying, crafting, distributing and publishing content for the NBA social and digital platforms. This position specifically supports NBA China's social & digital initiatives and content capture opportunities. As the demand for content on the NBA's Chinese-language social and digital platforms continues to grow, this is your opportunity to grow with us in a fast paced, creative and collaborative environment.
This is a project employee position based out of the Secaucus, New Jersey office.
- You will identify elements and potential storylines from NBA, WNBA and NBA G League live games and tentpole events throughout the season from the NBA's Content Command Center (This will include nights and weekends) for specific use on Chinese-language digital & social platforms
- You will craft content targeted for a Chinese-language audience across NBA social and digital platforms (websites and apps) including video, photo and graphics editing, and written content
- You will provide live coverage of NBA, WNBA and NBA G League games & events for the purpose of providing exclusive content for NBA China social and digital platforms
- You will curate and publish video, photo, statistical, and editorial content for all NBA Chinese-language social and digital platforms
- Supporting the NBA's international partners by gathering content for distribution and helping to fulfill licensee requests for additional content
- Researching and introducing new content ideas for NBA, WNBA and NBA G League social and digital platforms
- Actively participating in content planning for all league's social and digital platforms
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the NBA, WNBA and NBA G League and their players, coaches, and teams
- You have knowledge of basketball analytics and the rules of the game
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Weibo, WeChat, QQ, QZone, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Ability to communicate fluently both verbally & written in English and Mandarin
- Background in digital, social, photos and graphics production/editing or video content production
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- You have basic knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects a plus
- Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail oriented approach
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- This position will require occassional travel, as well as night & weekend work
- You have managed social accounts or social activations on behalf of a brand
- You have professional examples of live event coverage for multiple social platforms
- You understand social analytics & trends to know the best types of content to use on respective platforms
- You have experience working on deadline
Educational Background Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.