Project Design Engineer
Cushillo Personnel Ltd
salary: 40000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Great Bridge, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Project Design Engineer required for our award winning client who is based in West Bromwich, West Midlands and is an established organisation that designs and builds systems for use in the Oil and Gas and Gen Set industries.
Our clients systems provide independent or emergency starting capability in some of the harshest environments on the planet. We design and manufacture standard and bespoke fuel cleaning and fuel polishing systems capable of cleaning and maintaining fuel in tanks as large as 1 million litres.
Our clients group are a well-established 58 year old family organisation. They are the UK concessionaire for several prestigious brands. They provide a value based, supportive & friendly environment in which to work and take pride in their "Customer service comes first" policy. They have been in the Sunday Times 'Best Small Companies to Work For' over the previous 3 years and was the highest placed engineering manufacturer on the list.
As Project Design Engineer your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Own and deliver projects from concept/kick-off meetings to project delivery and post contract support.
- Read, interpret and synthesise engineering drawings, P+IDs, create bills of materials and project timing plans.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop and sign off engineering designs and drawings before they are passed to manufacturing to ensure flawless manufacture.
- Interface at a highly professional level with our customers both internally and externally.
- Able to assist in ascertaining commercial and financial viability of projects and products.
- Be able to work to deadlines to ensure dispatch dates are met.
- Assist in the development of a range of standard and hydraulic and pneumatic starting systems.
- Be prepared to take a hands-on role, working closely with our workshop engineers.
- Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to their quality standards and customer's order.
- Liaise with procurement on technical product requirements and specifications.
- Ensure that the company and customer quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Witness and sign off projects within their workshop.
Key skills & Experience required:
- Demonstrable Engineering skill and experience gained in a tightly regulated environment, preferably oil/gas sector.
- Practical mechanical engineering background.
- Engine knowledge.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Organised and methodical in working practices
- Good drafting skills.
- Understanding of hydraulics.
- Understanding of compressed air.
- Basic understanding of simple electrics.
- Proficiency in CAD skills (Ideally Solid works)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A collaborative team player who takes individual responsibility
- Commercially astute.
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation
- IT Literate
Salary Guide: c£40k+
Fantastic company benefits include: Life Assurance, Paycare Medical, Pension & 33 days annual leave
Working Hours: 8.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 8.00 a.m. - 3.15 p.m. on a Friday with a 45 minute lunch break daily.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join a fantastic, award winning company. Apply now!