Programmer Analyst Specialist (ETL, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL)
Leading Edge Systems Richmond
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Must have (Minimum Qualifications/Requirement):
1. Minimum 5 years working experience with ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica, Data Stage etc
2. Strong understanding of Data warehousing (Dimensional Modeling, ETL etc.) and RDBMS concepts
3. Strong conceptual knowledge and experience in Oracle specific SQL, Stored Procedures and Table Design
4. Experience as a Data Engineer in Hadoop Platform (Hortonworks or CloudEra) on components like HIVE, KAFKA, NiFi, Spark etc
5. Experience & knowledge in optimization of Query and Data loading Performance 6. Linux experience with knowledge of scripting Understanding of data science, machine learning and cloud concepts is a plus.
As a core member of team of ETL Developers/Data Engineers, responsibilities include but not limited to Design, Develop and maintain secure, consistent and reliable BI solutions supporting critical business processes across the various Business Units.
Ensure data solutions are compliant with enterprise security standards Work in complex multi-platform environments on multiple project assignments.
Coordinate with analysts and developers to ensure jobs designed and developed meet minimum support standards and best practices before migration into the production environment.
Develop and perform tests and validate data flows and prepare ETL processes to meet complex business requirements, including designing and implementing of complex end-to-end solutions using BI platforms.
Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
Partner with various infrastructure teams, application teams, and architects to generate process designs and complex transformations to various data elements to provide the Business with insights into their business processes.
Configure and utilize various complicated methodologies including Aggregates and OLAP Cache.
Index and partition to fine tune the data warehouse to improve the query response and its scalability.
Assist production support team in providing resolutions to production job failures and/or data issues.
Assist production support team in load monitoring and performance tuning in a production environment.
ETL Development and Process Support, may require weekend/off business hours work.