Program Manager - Avionics
Innovative Solutions & Support
Exton, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Sales & Marketing
Come be a part of our growing company! Innovative Solutions Support located in Exton, PA. Innovative Solutions & Support (IS&S) is a diversified international avionics supplier to civil, military, business, and commercial markets and operators. IS&S manufactures a broad range of RVSM compliant Air Data Systems, Flat Panel Display Systems, Fuel quantity and flow measurement and Engine Hydraulic displays.
Innovative Solutions and Support offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge Product Design and High Output Production and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. We seek committed individuals interested in joining an informed, talented team involved in all aspects of the organization from product development through customer delivery and installation. We take pride in the quality of our products; our commitment to our customers and our employees, who shape the IS&S culture.
PROGRAM MANAGER - AVIONICS
In conjunction with Engineering, create Microsoft Project plans for programs to include resources, deliverables and budgets.
· Identifies risks and develops risk mitigation strategies for assigned programs.
· Manages customer relationships; serves as the primary interface with all levels within a customer as well as internal multi-disciplinary resources
· Manages development programs for complex avionics systems with significant embedded software content
· Performs Earned Value analysis.
· Conducts weekly program reviews with the development team and identify and implement corrective actions as required. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives.
· Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
· Drives completion of programs on schedule and within budget while meeting technical requirements and customer expectations.
· Interfaces with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed and implements same. Identifies or gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
· Participates in discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level. Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to ensure product meets client needs and specifications.
· Manages client project/senior management, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and interpreting project metrics.
· Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
· Available for business travel
BS Degree in Engineering or Business
· Demonstrated experience as a Program or Project Manager, specifically managing software & hardware development solutions required; preferably in the Avionics, Defense or Government sectors would be ideal
· Previous experience managing P&L and Budgets engineering projects desired
· Experience serving as the point-of-contact with external clients and interfacing with a diverse group of internal resources (engineering, manufacturing, etc.) desired
· Must be flexible and have ability to manage several programs simultaneously
· Experience in avionics systems and DO-178B certification desired
· Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work on diverse teams
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Project software, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
· Ability to perform Earned Value Analysis desired
· Ability to commute to Exton, PA
Innovative Solutions & Support (IS&S) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. IS&S is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, IS&S is committed to Companywide affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, protected veteran status or disability.