Motherwell, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
This is an exciting opportunity for Production Operators to join our passionate and knowledgeable team in Motherwell. Within this position you will be responsible for achieving all aspects of production, safety and quality within a manufacturing environment. We require you to be competent in performing cutting and processing of glass.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Production Operator you will;
- In conjunction with the Site Management, Team Leaders and Advanced Operators ensure effective implementation of Company Quality, EHS & Housekeeping policies and standards are maintained
- Work within defined Environmental, Health & Safety procedures
- Work within defined Quality standards and be fully compliant
- Producing accurate work in line with order requirements within set procedures and H&S Standards
- Engage in daily communication with Team leaders & Supervisory management on EHS, quality and production targets, including end of shift KPI data collection
- Promote a culture of excellence in customer service and ensure that every effort is made to achieve 100% delivery on time in full
- Ensure the processes at the end of shifts are left in agreed standards and prepared for the following shift
- Assisting in training other employees
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit great people that align well with our values. We are particularly keen to meet people who share our passion for innovation and sustainability. For the Production Operator specifically it is important that you are:
- Flexible and willing to work in other production areas
- Work in a clean and organised fashion with good house keeping
- A good team player and communicate well with colleagues, team leaders and managers
- Have a good work ethic and attendance record
- Have a high level of commitment, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work under own initiative
What about the business I'll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Glassolutions - part of the Saint-Gobain group and is the largest processor, distributor, installer and repairer of glass and glazing systems in the UK; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries.
What will I get in return?
A competitive salary and pension package.
An extensive benefits package including cycle2work, share schemes, discounts & cashback with 100's of online and high street retailers.
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Glassolutions is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Glassolutions or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn't always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/applications from anyone, unless invited to do so.