New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
As we head into Q3, Dynamics Associates has noticed an increase in job market activity, with a particular spike in the middle office space, specifically the product control area. Dynamics has recently exclusively partnered with a leading US Investment Bank as they are looking to grow and fully establish their product control and general middle office presence in New York. They are seeking to hire controllers across several desks: equities, fixed income, securitized products, rates, treasury, emerging markets, banking. (Analyst, Associate and VP levels). Additionally, they are seeking to hire across FPA, Project Management, Treasury, Reporting, Liquidity at the same levels.
Our client is a leading global financial services firm with assets of >$1.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking and asset management.
Product Controller-Analyst/Associate/VP, multiple desks
- Product Controller contact for Americas Coverage business
- Responsible for P&L and risk reporting and commentary
- Analysis of deal documentation for validation of revenue recognition
- Tracking of investments made by Coverage businesses directly and via partnership arrangements to ensure proper US GAAP accounting treatment
- Month-end close - ensuring accurate and complete close-out of books & records for the month and resolution of any discrepancies in the results
- Investigation, explanation and communication of business drivers underpinning significant financial movements and variances for Front Office, Legal Entity Controllers, Corporate Reporting and other IB and Corporate Finance groups.
- Analyze Volcker metrics for accuracy and provide critical commentary for submissions to external regulators.
- Continuous improvement through review of current practices/processes, identifying deficiencies and/or weaknesses, and delivering solutions to enhance the current control and reporting environment.
- Accountable for compliance with all internal P&L, Legal Entity and Product Control standards as well as all applicable corporate accounting policies.
- Ensure Income Attribution is executed in accordance with Transfer-pricing agreements and complies with the applicable internal standards.
Analyst/Associate: (Analyst 1-3), (Associate, 3-6) years of product control experience, public audit/advisory with exposure to products, fund accounting with exposure to products, accounting within FS industry with exposure to products. Big4/CPA++
VP: 7-15+ years of product control experience within similar industry
Client can sponsor visas.