Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Procurement Specialist - Long Term Contract - Bracknell
Our client, a global oilfield services business, is currently seeking to a hire a Procurement Specialist for their Manufacturing site in Bracknell.
Under direct supervision, issues purchase orders in response to material requirements established by manufacturing, field
operations, technology, or project management. Complies with and executes Category Management strategy in accordance
with policies and procedures. Expedites, de- expedites and issues change orders to meet manufacturing, field plant or project
demands. Analyzes and resolves basic Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt issues (GRIR) with assistance as needed. Assists in
creating request for quotations (RFQ) and organizing competitive biddings from various suppliers to obtain the best quality,
delivery, and price for goods and services. Assists in assessing supplier performance. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact
indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Completion of an undergraduate degree in a technical,
business, or similar discipline required. SAP Purchase to Pay knowledge desirable.
- Work closely with manufacturing, engineering and operation team to arrange information required by vendor.
- Work closely with vendors and account teams to resolve invoice issue thereby ensuring invoices are paid timely.
- Carry out strategic procurement to reduce lead time and cost. Propose strategic solution to manufacturing manager.
- Develop new vendors. Carry out process of adding new vendor in approved vendor list (AVL) in company system.
- Work closely with internal team and vendor on non -confirming products.
- SAP experience/knowledge essential
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.