Stoke-on-trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
Procurement... The art of threading together purchasing, logistics, supply chains, and contract negotiation. It's beyond buying. It's far beyond a numbers game. It's about strategy, justification and professionalism.
* Are you the group-wide Procurement Director role who'll drive a leading food business become a category-leading supplier?
* Can you be an Executive Leadership team figurehead, managing £220 million worth of spending and a team of six managers?
* Would you thrive on our vision for reducing our cost base by 2.5% per year, for the next four years?
* Are you decisive, with the ability to back up ideas confidently and justifiably with numbers and facts?
If you're a Procurement Director who relies on shortcuts and bluffs to appear bullish, look away now. This business wins over major FMCG retailers through its pace, rigour and quality. Honest and assured, you do the right things - to get the right results.
This vacancy isn't just about adding a name; it's a journey and a challenge - there isn't the support network you often have at public limited companies. But if you hail from a relatively smaller business, progressing through the ranks with proven success and exposure to big retailers on merit, let's talk.
* Joining a premium producer of chilled savoury pastry products in the UK
* Company car and £8,400 mileage allowance
* Annual bonus of up to 20%, subject to EBITDA
* 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays
* Pension - 5% and 3%
* Private healthcare (optional)
Your Next Career Challenge…
Working out of head office in the Midlands, with travel between the group's six sites, your procurement leadership will drive value through the supply chain and identify and rectify inefficiencies in logistics spending.
You'll provide value-stream mapping expertise, contract advice to boards and GMs, and strategic procurement management for direct and indirect spending on materials, packaging, ingredients and overheads.
You'll be a Procurement Director at an organisation with a 330 million turnover and a 20% financial growth plan for the next five years.
So Do You Offer…?
* Experience managing multiple stakeholders and group turnovers of up to £330 million
* Success managing direct and indirect spend - circa £145 million - within FMCG
* Achievements in analysing the procurement of a business category and then adding value
* Chilled FMCG experience for the past 10 years
* Exposure to big retailers and direct retailer experience, interfacing at Senior Buyer level
* Best-practice expertise in purchasing and contractual negotiations
* Success leading manufacturing process methodology - to enhance cost-efficiency
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPs) status
If You're a Match…
Apply with an up-to-date CV to register your interest with Recart, a global recruitment consultancy and Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Customer Service award winner. We are managing the recruitment for this role on an exclusive basis.
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an informal telephone interview, during which the details of the role, company, and salary package will be provided in full prior to a mutual decision on whether to submit a formal application